Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 65!

65 days until we hit the road to the beach for vacation.
Yesterday we went for the day to Port A and I am burned to a crisp. My legs have never been this burned and I hope they will never be again. Next time better cover ups and better sunscreen and also not 4 straight hours in sun.
This morning I literally could not walk flat footed because of how much the burned skin was pulling on my legs. I have been using vinegar soaked towels to pull the heat out and putting aloe vera gel on every 2 to 3 hours. I have been re-hydrating with lots and lots of water. Right now I am at about 100 ozs in. I need about 30 to 40 more ounces to feel confident that I've somewhat caught up to the dehydration. All in all we had a great time at the beach and my son really enjoyed his first trip to the beach. I am so happy he likes it now and is not afraid of the water like I was at his age. I did not enjoy the beach until I was 24 years old and I am so so so very happy that he will be enjoying it for his entire life!
I am hoping that by Wednesday I will be up for working out. Right now I am focusing on getting liquids in and keeping my food choices in check. 
~RustiAnn

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can feel the pain of your sunburn. Take care of your skin and enjoy the beach with sunscreen and some shade if possible. You will be glad you did when you are my age.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete