Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Money where my mouth is...

Hello all,
So, I have been thinking recently...
I really love this blog world. I really want to get something out of it other than just writing about my frustrations over not losing any weight. How can I expect to lose weight when I haven't put in any of the work in to yield a loss. And also how can I sit here at my laptop and complain and whine about it when I am the problem in the equation. And also when I could be outside being active or taking my son to the park so he can be active. I have no excuses! I just need to quit being lazy! 
 I have decided to put my money where my mouth is. 
I want to be under 200lbs by Christmas and I am going to do whatever it takes to get there.
I want to be active for at least 30 minutes a day. I know it should be more than that and I will work up to that. I will start with walking in the mornings. Not just a leisure walk either, a brisk pace. I will be wearing a pedometer. I wore it today at school and I only walked 1.21 miles. I know my two school days a week are my "active" days. 1.21 miles in a day is just disappointing. I thought I would have been getting at least two miles in on school days. I know I am probably not even getting a full mile on the other days of the week. Also, the NO soda September is starting now for me. I am hoping to make the NO soda thing a forever thing. I can learn to like Crystal Light, plain water, I already like milk and orange juice. I just need to replace the soda with mostly WATER.
I am going to start with walking 2 miles a day. 
I will build on that every week or so. When I have accomplished this for 2 weeks I will be adding in other forms of exercise. For now I want to keep it simple and this seems simple enough to stick with. Wish me luck,
~RustiAnn

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan. I know the soda was killing me. Not easy to give up, but I'm over it. Anyways, I love your blog layout.

    ReplyDelete